Consultancy Services for Development of the Project operations manual for Nairobi Metropolitan Services Implementation Project (NaMSIP)
The objective of the assignment was to assist the Ministry of Nairobi Metropolitan Development (MONMED), in the preparation of the Operational Manual for the proposed Nairobi Metropolitan Services Improvement Project (NaMSIP.
The assignment involved us undertaking the following activities:
- Project Overview, Design and Institutional Structures including, the relevant institutional structures for central and municipal oversight and programme management arrangements at central and municipal levels
- Detailed description of the four NaMSIP components including description of the activities and processes in each, as well as conditions of qualification where appropriate.
- Financial Management Arrangements, including funds flows, authority levels at central and municipal levels, financial management systems at central and municipal levels including use of IFMIS (at Ministry) and LAIFOMS (Municipals), financial reporting.
- Procurement management arrangements, including central and municipal responsibilities, limits for specific procurement and contracting procedures, descriptions of various procedures, use of existing procurement arrangements.
- Project management procedures, including central and municipal implementation procedures, project identification, quality assurance, environmental and social safeguards.
- Governance and accountability, including anti corruption safeguards, citizen participation, gender equity, council commitment, transparency of decision making
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Communication strategy
- Human resource and administration policies
- Annexes setting out terms of references for various institutions and actors in NaMSIP and important document templates.