Consultancy Services for Productivity Improvement Programme (Advocacy Campaign, Organizational Review and Labour Situation Assessment) at the Port of Mombasa, Kenya
The objective of this assignment is to provide awareness campaign, organizational review and labour situation assessment, capacity building and training needs assessment for Mombasa port to improve capacity and productivity in the port sector through the preparation and implementation of a Productivity Improvement Plan (PIP).
CDC in association with IOS Partners have been contracted by TMEA to provide support in advocacy campaign; Organizational and labour assessment ; and capacity building and training needs assessment. Our main services provided include:
- In collaboration with the Team Leader, other team members and the Project Coordinator, prepare a list of documents to be requested from the CLIENT in advance of the Inception Mission
- In collaboration with the Team Leader, other team members and the Project Coordinator, prepare, a list of meetings with different stakeholders to be organized during the Inception Mission and other subsequent missions
- Assist the Team Leader in developing an initial methodology for field work related to port labor assessment;
- Assist the Team Leader and the rest of the team in preparation and submission of all reports as outlined above within the timelines established and provide any necessary input related to port labor assessment;
- Assist Organizational and Institutional Specialist in undertaking a staff audit for the Port of Mombasa, which will entail:
- Staff audit of the Port of Mombasa, which will entail providing up to date information on employee numbers, categorized by type of employee; employee numbers categorized by social criteria; employee skills categorized by function or technical skill; employee compensation for each employee or category of employee including basic monthly salary, cash and other allowances; liabilities of the enterprise to the employee, especially estimates of arrears on pensions or other benefits;
- Staff audit of all private service providers operating in the port of Mombasa, especially private companies or labor gangs operating in the port in accordance with the general principles such as employee numbers, categorized by department and sub-department (including job-title and location, including location within the port of and its environs);
- Lead the labor assessment component of the PROJECT Review relevant government of sector level laws, regulations and collective bargaining agreements that impact directly on staffing levels, or rigidly in staffing numbers,
Assist the Team Leader and the rest of the team in preparation of the Final Report, which will summarize implementation and findings of the entire assignment including any revisions made to the monthly progress reports.