Consultancy Services for Technical Assistance to undertake Training and Capacity Building for Ndumberi Farmers’ Co-operative Society for their certification purposes
The Government of Kenya (GoK) with the assistance of one of its development partners (World Bank) is implementing the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise Competitiveness Project (MSMECP) through a Public Private Partnership (PPP) arrangement. MSMECP is aimed at increasing productivity and employment in participating micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) through provision of a number of measures. One of the measures is reducing critical investment climate constraints on MSMEs through access to finance, strengthening enterprise skills and market linkages, and improving business environment.
Our firm was contracted by Deloitte Consulting Limited to assist in achieving the objectives of the certification for Ndumberi Farmers Co-operative Society (NFCS) located in Kiambu which has 3 wet processing mills and a membership of 2,500 farmers growing Arabica coffee to enhance competitiveness of its coffee in global markets.
Description of Services Provided:
- Lease with management committees on mobilization of promoter farmers (an ongoing activity).
- Offer specialized training of promoter farmers and management committee with relevant coffee institutions.
- Train promoter farmers on Utz Kapeh checklist to suit the local situation.
- Train the members on crop husbandry to improve production and quality of coffee.
- Train the members the on essentials of general, financial and business management.
- Establishment of an internal control and information system to improve service delivery to farmers. This is inclusive of training staff on use of computers.
- Train on the installation of and use of firefighting equipment for promoter farmers and factory staff.
- Train the promoter farmers and factory staff on machine operations in collaboration with relevant institutions.
- Facilitate awareness on production of specialty coffee production and marketing systems.
- Facilitate capacity building of local service providers to offer their services effectively.
- Integrate all relevant cross cutting aspects with the training or non-training programmes e.g. gender, HIV/AIDs,