Consultancy Services to undertake Financial Analysis for the proposed relocation of Kipevu Oil Terminal (KOT)
The objectives of the project are:
- Collection of historical import quantities of oil products to Mombasa and projections of necessary oil import capacity for the next 25 years
- Preparation of traffic forecasts and determination of future berthing requirements for crude oil import to KPRL and import and export of refined products
- Collection, review and analyses of data and records of tanker arrivals and sizes, berthing times, berth occupancy rates, waiting times and demurrage cost for the past 5 to 10years.
- Determination of the most feasible type of berthing facilities on the basis of current international standards and best practice for operation of similar oil terminals
- Review and assessment of all feasible options for location of new berthing and off-loading facilities for KOT
- Preparation of conceptual designs for the recommended new berthing facilities at the most suitable locations
We were recruited by NIRAS to provide the technical assistance on financial analysis for the various options for the relocation of the berthing and off-loading facilities for KOT.