This assignment was necessary as KETEPA required to restructure its business following the liberation of the tea trade in Kenya. The assignment required us to evaluate and rationalize KETEPA’s future viability in view of the liberalized domestic tea market.
The main objective achieved in this study were:
- Reviewed and advised on the changes necessary to restructure the organization so as to be efficient in facing out the challenges of the liberalized market.
- Analyzed the current operational costs and proposed changes to minimize costs and hence boost revenue.
- Proposed changes on the company’s management information system which would bring operational efficiency which was important in facing the future challenges.
- Reviewed the company’s strategic planning methodology and advised on necessary changes.
- On implementation of our proposals, the company was able to declare good divided for the year following the implementation, something it had not done in the past.