Human resources management
Human Resource Management (HRM) is the term used to describe formal systems devised for the management of people within an organization. It is a function in organizations designed to maximize employee performance in service of an employer’s strategic objectives. HR is primarily concerned with the management of people within organizations, focusing on policies and systems.
We at CDCI have advised in several areas in HRM including:
- Job Design and Analysis; where we study the nature of an existing job to understand associated issues like how difficult the job is, what is the standard quantity of work output for the job, and what kind of skills and capabilities are required for performing the job. We then advise on the nature of duties and responsibilities that constitute the particular job.
- Workforce Planning; We systematically identify and analyze what an organization is going to need in terms of the size, type, experience, knowledge, skills and quality of workforce to achieve its objectives. We primarily focus on identifying the workforce implications, current, transition and the future of business strategic objects.
- Recruitment and Selection; We assist in the searching for and obtaining a pool of potential candidates with the desired knowledge, skills and experience to allow an organization to select the most appropriate people to fill job vacancies against defined position descriptions and specifications. We then assist in the identification of the most appropriate candidate, or candidates through a selection process including but not limited to interviewing, reference checking and testing.
- Training and Development; We believe every organization should aim at bettering the job performance of individuals and groups that make it. We provide and facilitate the process of sharpening of skills, concepts, changing of attitude and gaining more knowledge to enhance the performance of employees.
- Performance Management; We assist organizations create performance management systems that enable staff and managers working together to plan, monitor and review an employee’s work objectives and overall contribution to the organization
- Organizational Review; With the constant changing work environment, there is a periodic need to review how jobs are defined, departments organized, processes structured, and problems managed. The goal is to assist managers in implementing effective action plans and appropriate solutions toward achievement of organizational objectives. The following are some of the ways we assist organizations in this area:
- Talent Management: This is a strategic planning method that assists organizations attract and retain the best talent in the market.
- Succession Planning: This is a process of identifying and developing potential future leaders of organizations
- Remuneration structure: This would assist an organization in ensuring that there is an appropriate balance of fixed and variable pay while ensuring cost of living adjustments and performance are considered.
- Change Management; As organizations change and evolve, it is crucial that staff understand these changes. Throughout an assignment we will assist organizations with change management by providing tools to make the business ready for solutions provided through active knowledge transfer, stakeholder management and benefits realization