Training of the Controller and Auditor General Staff on Long Format Audit Methodology under the Ministry of Finance in Kenya financed by IFAD
The objective for the training of the Controller and Auditor General (CAG) staff on long format audit methodology is to ensure that audits of all IFAD funded projects in Kenya are in compliance with the financing agreement and assess the general compliance with the value for money concept.
- Development of Long format audit training program materials for use not only for the current training of the group of auditors selected, but for all the CAG audit staff and other auditors responsible for audit of IFAD projects and indeed all other projects financed by the development partners
- Training of CAG selected staff by equipping them with the tools of long format audit methodology, which they will use in all project audits.
- Creating awareness in all the CAG selected staff of the compliance issues related to the IFAD financing agreement and the audit requirements promulgated by IFAD OPPA.
- Ensuring that there is a clear understanding by CAG of the process to follow in the recruitment of private auditors to assist in the project audits and to ensure that the audits are properly regulated and that appropriate terms of reference are drawn as required by the OPPA.
- Developing a course on International Organizations of Supreme Audit Institutions (INTOSAI) compliance and training the CAG staff on the same.